Please read: We are testing out having one open mic a month on the second Tuesday at 8pm PST, and one on the fourth Monday at 6:30pm PST. This event is on Tuesday, August 11th, at 8:00pm. Here’s how the signup sheet is organized:
– If you are a member of The People’s Colloquium, there are two spots for members only. If you are signing up to read and they are free, please consider taking those first.
– The Special Guest Slots are only for groups we network with and have asked their members to come read with us. However, everyone is welcome, People’s Colloquium active member or not. All other slots are first come, first serve, but if you read the prior week, please leave the slots this week for new readers.
– There will be eight readers, each reading for seven minutes, with three minutes in between for switching and adjustments. There will be a one minute warning, and an out of time warning. If the reading continues for much longer, mics will be unmuted.
– The first ten and last ten minutes will be for setup and announcements, and allowing people who were in critique groups to switch over.
– Viewer mikes should be muted for the duration of the reading. However, listeners are highly encouraged to give visual feedback during the readings such as thumbs up, applause in ASL, hearts, laughing, etc. Comments in the chat box are also appreciated.
– All genres and formats allowed. However, please be mindful of the fact that people will be viewing from home, and if a reading contains sensitive topics or adult language or content, please CLEARLY state so at the beginning of the reading. No rude or obscene gestures are allowed, even if they are part of the narrative.
– Finally, while we understand schedules can be tricky, we gently request, and highly encourage, all listeners to stay for the entire reading, to ensure that the final reader has as much of an audience as the first reader.
– Sign up for Tuesday, August 11th at 8:00pm PST here (https://www.volunteersignup.org/RT99F).
Time: Aug 11, 2020 08:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 883 9868 1265
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,88398681265# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,88398681265# US (Tacoma)
All readers should check in by the first ten minutes of the session, and I will open it up ten minutes early to allow people to work out any kinks.
We look forward to hearing you!